Smooth Commerce is a fast-growing Fintech early-stage company located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We empower retail merchants to create more personal connections with their customers. Our solution provides merchants a competitive edge through digital by increasing transaction volumes, repeat business, and revenue.
Over the last few years we have partnered with some of the biggest institutions in North America, and we strongly believe that we have the opportunity to offer one of the most versatile and innovative solutions for the Retail industry globally.
At Smooth Commerce, we take ownership of our work, we encourage open communication, and we work hard to delight our clients every day. We pride ourselves on creating a fun, friendly, diverse and inclusive work place.
In this role, you will:
- Utilize and implement user-centered design processes.
- Collaborate with the development and client success teams to create and implement your designs.
- Articulate decisions made in your designs to internal and external teams.
- Develop wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Conduct user testing to assess usability and collect customer feedback.
- Participate in client success meetings to present designs and act as the subject matter expert on industry best practices.
- Conduct market research for new features and modifications to existing designs.
- Create customer journey maps, storyboards and user stories for new and existing features.
- Manage multiple priorities across all business opportunities while maintaining consistent user experience and design quality.
- Have the opportunity to innovate with the team on new and exciting projects.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 1-2 years of commercial experience with Axure.
- User Experience and User Interface Design Certification or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver polished and well-thought-out mobile and web experiences.
- Knowledge of prototyping and design tools such as Adobe Suite, Sketch, Invision, and Axure.
We offer competitive compensation, health benefits, employee stock options, flexible vacation time, snacks bar and more. Diversity and inclusivity are important for us, candidates who identify as a minority are welcome and encouraged to apply.